Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shots...and lollipops (?)



Tomorrow Amy and I have our appointments to go in and get our pre-India series of vaccinations! I just know that I will end up feeling like a human pin-cushion!! She got hers in 2009, so she just needs two boosters. Me? I get to have shots for Diphtheria, Hepatitis A, Malaria, Rabies, Tetanus (I already got this one!!) and Typhoid...Ugh! I got the H1N1 vaccine last week from my regular doctor, and it really wasn't that bad (although the tetanus one swelled a bit and hurt for two days!)

When I was a kid I hated shots in the worst way! My pediatrician's nurse had to round me up one time...I was probably 4 years old...and I was running through the waiting-room at his office in my underwear, screaming "HELP!!" and that they were trying to kill me...all because I had heard the word, "injection"!!

Even now, fifty years later, I can remember telling Aims...."I am willing to uproot my life, leave my hometown, sell our house and move 8,700-miles to the other side of the globe for you, Sweetie...but - DO I HAVE TO GET ALL THOSE SHOTS??"

Maybe I'll get a lollipop this time!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate. When I was a child, there was no doubt in my mind that the nurse backed away and "threw" the syringe from across the room as if it were a dart. How inhumane can you get!?

    ReplyDelete