Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Scooby Doo....Where are You??"

I am always forgetting to post this.  I may not have mentioned this earlier, but "Beloved the Lhasa Apso" has a "yard mate". It's our landlord's Great Dane, "Scooby".  Standing up on his hind-legs, Scooby looks as tall as Kareem Abdul Jabbar!  Our caretaker, Krishna, has known Scooby since he was a tiny puppy, so I figured it might be a good thing if he knew just exactly where the name "Scooby" came from.  Seeing how "the most famous cartoon Great Dane ever" has been off the air, even in syndication, for well-over a decade now, I was pretty certain that Krishna had never seen the original Scooby!

So...since I had earlier promised that I would gladly help Krishna with his English lessons, today's brief "English Lesson with Krishna" was to teach him the words to the "Scooby Doo Theme Song" - with video assistance from something I had him watch on my computer upstairs - thanks to YouTube!

You should hear Krishna now: "Scooby-dooby-doo, vere are yoooo?"

Just....priceless. Lord, have mercy.  I'm surely going to hell for this, aren't I??

No comments:

Post a Comment