Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My daily walks...Photos from "Just Around the Corner"

Here's something just a little different!  A PHOTO Blogspot post!  We found our old little Casio digital camera somewhere deep in our air-shipment boxes, so, Suzanne asked me to charge it up.  It was the same camera that I took to Dublin in 2008, so - I know it worked pretty well.  I charged it and took it along with me for my morning, hour-long, 6:00 A.M., 4 km.-long stroll around Kasu Brahmananda Reddy Park (also known as "KBR Park" for obvious reasons!).  I hereby declare that KBR Park is the best walking park...anywhere, ever!  Well...O.K. - so I'm a little biased because the park is so close to our home (it's in the next neighborhood over from ours..that means "right around the corner" for Miss Jane Matt from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...it's called "Jubilee Hills".)  Green Park around Buckingham Palace is pretty cool...and Griffith Park at home has some nice hiking trails, too.  But it's really a beautiful and well-cared-for walk through a garden...and I've only seen the outside "Walk Way".  Soon, Suzanne and I are going to take a day and go exploring in the hear of the park, I hear it's gorgeous inside - and I think I read that there is an old Nizam's palace in the center!  Very cool!

KBR National Park is home to nearly 113 species of birds, 20 species of reptiles, 15 species of butterflies, 20 species of mammals and numerous invertebrates. It serves as an urban refuge for Jungle Cats, Palm Civets, Wild Boars, Hares, Mongooses, Monitor Lizards, Pythons, Cobras and other snakes. (Please don't tell Suzanne this last part!!). No large mammals are present in the national park. I know for a fact there are a at least a couple of musters of peacocks in there, too - - because they are awfully noisy.

Yes, a group of peacocks is called a "muster"!!  Don't ever say that you haven't learned anything from this blog, O.K. !!

Anyway...I think the pictures came out pretty good.  It was a little overcast this morning, which is great lighting for digital photography.  I'm no Ansel Adams - but I like the photos!!

Here is a link to my Facebook Photo Album and those photos...  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment